Singapore Noodles Recipe with Chicken and Prawns
My husband has developed a bit of an obsession with cooking Asian dishes at home of late (expect a few more to come) and I myself tried my hand at a Singapore Noodles recipe one weekend whilst visiting my mum and they were delicious.
Considering my husband's taste for Asian cuisine, I thought I'd cook Singapore Noodles for him, so I did just that and they were a hit.
I'm not one for following a recipe from a book religiously because there are certain things we don't like or want to add that aren't necessarily in the recipe. This recipe is in no way traditional and can be tweaked to your tastes (i.e different veggies, no meat, add pork, add peanuts), but I thought I'd share it anyway!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric
- 4 Spring Onions sliced diagonally
- 250g diced chicken breast
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 200g Prawns
- Mushrooms sliced
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 150g bean sprouts
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 400g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chilli sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 100ml chicken stock
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a wok.
- Fry chicken until cooked through, transfer to a plate.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions.
- Add another tablespoon of coconut oil to the wok.
- Add the red pepper and mushrooms, stir fry for 5 mins.
- Add ginger, garlic and bean sprouts, fry for 1 min.
- Add curry powder and turmeric, fry for 2 mins.
- Add chicken, prawns and spring onions, fry for 2 mins.
- Add chicken stock and light soy.
- Add rice wine and oyster sauce, cook for 1 min .
- Stir in Sriracha and sesame oil.
- Stir in drained noodles and serve.
If you try out this recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Let me know what you think in the comments below!